Variety Maintenance Breeding Lead
Field of Work: Breeding stations
Location: Thriplow, East of England, GB
Legal Entity: KWS UK Ltd. (9700)
Contract Type: Is Full Time?: Yes
Onsite/ Remote: Job ID: 13737
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and cultivate a brighter future in agriculture? At KWS, we are pioneers in plant breeding and seed production, dedicated to revolutionizing the way we feed the world. We're on the hunt for a Variety Maintenance Breeding Lead who's not afraid to get their hands dirty in the field alongside their team. As a Variety Maintenance Breeding Lead, you will play a pivotal role in our maintenance breeding program and the initial multiplication of inbred varieties.
- Leading and managing the maintenance breeding team in alignment with KWS values.
- Efficient workload planning and prioritizing tasks for the team.
- Collaborating and maintaining clear communication with breeding and commercial teams.
- Overseeing field production of varietal rows and blocks.
- Conducting purity checks of all lines and meticulously collecting data.
- Utilizing and maintaining our variety database.
- Managing SAP and non-SAP orders for trial seed.
- A university degree or similar educational background.
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Digital competence and a strong interest in leveraging technology for agriculture.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and drive results.
- Freely following the motto: "Make yourself grow!" we promote individual professional and personal development.
- 35 working hours weekly – additional working hours will be expected based on seasonal demands.
- 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme with 16% Company contribution and 1.2% minimum employee contribution.
- Life Assurance, of three times annual salary.
- Income Protection Plan at 75% of salary for long-term illness and disability for a period of three years.
- Private Health Care Plan.
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme.
- Membership of Lifestyles discount scheme.
- Reduced diesel prices from the company’s fuel pump.
- A fun working environment where we take care of each other. We also organize social events such as a Summer Staff BBQ, a Christmas party and charity fundraising events.
If you're passionate about hands-on agriculture, leadership, and pioneering sustainable farming solutions, seize this opportunity to start your career with KWS. Apply today and let's grow together!
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.