We are recruiting an Arable Farm Manager for a farm in Essex (CM5).
Due to continued growth and change in structure, the farm is now recruiting for a full-time Farm Manager within the arable side of their family farming business.
This role would suit someone who is an experienced machinery operator and enjoys responsibility.
- Daily management of the arable enterprise encompassing circa 330 hectares growing combinable crops (wheat, barley and oilseed rape) and countryside stewardship options
- Daily management of the contracting side of the business, which specialises in the umbilical application of slurry and digestate but also includes combining, avadex application, hedge cutting and more
- Meeting regularly with the managing partners in the business to discuss plans, workload and development
- Planning and managing daily workload/tasks
- Ensuring compliance with assurance standards
- Ensuring the security of farm sites and the health and safety of yourselves and others
- Completing arable operations, including drilling, combining, cultivations, umbilical application of slurry and digestate etc.
- Liaising with third parties, including agronomists, soil nutritionists, dealerships, customers, etc
- Issuing work plans
- Working with the existing team
- Workshop duties
- Growing the contracting side of the business
- Any other duties as directed by the Line Manager
Full in-house training and handover will be given on all of the above and any external training where necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity, so please apply if you want to find out more.
Salary guide: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Bonus system
- Vehicle for work use
Please note there is no accommodation available, so candidates must commute to the CM5 area.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
Currently, we can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.