As a seasoned Agricultural Manager with proven credentials in leading and scaling forward-thinking farming enterprises, you naturally seek to be at the forefront of regenerative agriculture. This opportunity will enable you to play a defining role in developing novel phytoremediation technologies and carbon removal strategies.
You'll have a strong agronomic skillset alongside a passion for driving sustainable farming practices. The role will focus around a cost-effective, permanent carbon removal solution.
As an experienced leader, you'll be able to provide inspired team leadership and will have a clear talent for optimizing synergy.
As you'd expect, the role will draw upon your commercial astuteness and ability to interact at board level. Building relationships across the business and externally will also be fundamental.
The farm is based in northern Albania and enjoys a Mediterranean climate. The operation is robustly funded by its US parent company.
What the role involves:
- Provide practical, day-to-day, operation management on-site.
- Deliver versatile leadership approach, professional development and mentoring of the team (currently 15 and growing).
- Utilise sound agronomic understanding and management of soils and plant tissue.
- Design, implementation, analysis and refining of field trials and protocols.
- Direct machinery and equipment acquisition/maintenance.
- Devise business strategy and formulate budgets alongside financial team.
- Develop SOPs and systems to minimize environmental risks (e.g. drought, pests, blight, disease) and ensure compliance.
- Maximise opportunities to strengthen network of advisors and consultants.
- Substantial experience of managing (and scaling) larger agricultural operations.
- Degree in agronomy, agriculture or other related field.
- Experience of lavender, OSR or open-field horticulture would be desirable.
- Demonstrable, practical experience of leading farming operations.
- Project management capability combined with clear vision.
- Fluency in English is essential. Conversational/business level Italian or Albanian would be an advantage.
- Willingness to spend a significant part of the farming season on-site in Albania.
- Generous remuneration package to reflect skills and experience
- Fully expensed travel + insurance
- Health cover
- Local housing
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.