You might be an accomplished plant sciences manager or an experienced agronomist, if you're looking to spearhead sustainable change in agriculture, we're interested in talking to you. This opportunity will enable you to play a defining role in developing novel phytoremediation technologies and carbon removal strategies.
You'll have a strong agronomic skillset alongside a clear passion for regenerative farming. The role will focus around a cost-effective, permanent carbon removal solution.
You'll be able to create consensus among a diverse group of talented professionals who share a common vision. Building relationships across the business and externally will also be fundamental.
The farm is based in northern Albania and enjoys a Mediterranean climate. The operation is robustly funded by its US parent company.
What the role involves:
- Provide practical, day-to-day, agronomic advise and direction on-site.
- Exercise sound management of soils and plant tissue.
- Design, implementation, analysis and refining of field trials and protocols.
- Contribute towards business strategy and formulation of budgets alongside financial team.
- Develop SOPs and systems to minimize environmental risks (e.g. drought, pests, blight, disease) and ensure compliance.
- Maximise opportunities to strengthen network of advisors and consultants.
- A proven background in agronomy or plant sciences.
- Regenerative and/or organic production experience, as well as solid grasp of conventional agriculture.
- Experience of lavender, OSR, horticulture or floriculture would be desirable.
- Project management capability with experience of leading R&D programmes.
- Fluency in English is essential. Conversational/business level Italian or Albanian would be an advantage.
- Willingness to spend a significant part of the farming season on-site in Albania.
- Generous remuneration package to reflect skills and experience
- Fully expensed travel + insurance
- Health cover
- Local housing
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.