We are recruiting an enthusiastic Pig Stockperson to join a pig enterprise in Essex CM5.
Due to the upcoming retirement of a key team member, this full-time position has become available within this 4th generation family farming business, which operates a 550-sow indoor unit, breeding-to-finishing unit with just over half the progeny on-site.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day practical tasks of working with the feeding herd (pigs at four weeks of age until finish).
The job would suit someone who enjoys variety and could be a new entrant or an experienced farm worker.
The role responsibilities:
- Completing daily tasks to meet the requirements of the feeding herd
- Ensuring high standards of animal health and welfare across the pig unit
- Ensuring compliance with assurance standards
- Ensuring the security of farm sites and the health and safety of yourselves and others
- High health, hygiene and welfare standards at all times
- Assisting with keeping the yard clean and tidy
- Holiday cover in other areas
- General farm work as directed by the Line Manager
- Feeding stock
- Checking stock
- Moving stock
- Treating stock
- Record keeping
- Pressure washing
- Mucking out
- Passionate about working with livestock
- A team player
- Willing to listen & learn
- Able to work under pressure
- On offer is a supportive & progressive working environment
Full in-house training will be given to the successful candidate, as well as any external training where necessary.
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 DOE + phone + company clothing.
Please note there is no accommodation available at present, so candidates must be able to commute to CM5.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
At this time, we can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.