Boughton Estate, Northamptonshire
Buccleuch is a diverse and innovative business committed to sustainable land use across its estates in Scotland and England. The Boughton Estate in-hand farms, situated in Northamptonshire, include livestock and arable enterprises across 1,500 ha.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Shepherd to join the team with responsibility for 1,600 Aberfield x Highlander outdoor lambing ewes. Other enterprises include finishing cattle, arable, parkland deer and an extensive Countryside Stewardship Scheme.
We are focused on producing lamb through high welfare husbandry on a predominantly forage based system with all lambs being finished on farm using temporary leys, forage/cover crops incorporated into the arable rotation and permanent pasture. 2022 saw new investment in a livestock hub created at Home Farm in the centre of the Estate.
Candidates will ideally have experience in the following:
- EID data recording
- Outdoor lambing experience
- Mob grazing using electric fencing
- Operating farm machinery and willing to assist in other areas of the business
- Well organised and tidy with high attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and pension
- Good accommodation in attractive three bed cottage including kennels
- Private healthcare
- Ongoing training and development
- Regular annual leave
- Dog allowance
The role requires previous livestock experience with own working dogs. To apply, please send a copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 1 December