Head of Soil Operations | North Yorkshire
Are you a qualified Agronomist who is fed up with peddling whatever you have too much of in the stores? Are you a FACTS/BASIS qualified farm manager with a real passion for regenerative farming?
If you have FACTS and BASIS and want to explore a genuinely exciting and different role, then do reach out!
Regenerative agriculture. Some people love it, some hate it. If you love it, this could be the move you're looking for.
Elevate your career with an exciting opportunity to lead the operational charge of the Soil Team and consultancy services. As the go-to expert, you'll be at the forefront of client interactions, from the initial consultation to seamless delivery. Balancing logistical planning with precision and navigating unpredictable factors like weather, your role is pivotal in exceeding client expectations throughout the harvest year.
- Embark on exciting travels to customer sites, conducting consultancy and data management.
- Take the helm at our York-based office, leading the precision farming team in supporting field trials and research.
- Showcase your sales prowess by managing duties like sales calls, client visits, and accurate reporting using the in-house CRM system.
- Be the face of our business at trade shows, events, and demonstration days.
- Provide top-notch telephone support for customers and tackle technical problems reported by users of our web-based software products.
- Oversee all aspects of analytical feedback, mapping services, and advisory recommendations, including precision applications.
- Manage invoicing for soil services and product sales, along with parts ordering and supplier communication.
- Direct and inspire a talented team of Soil Service Technicians and Soil Service Engineers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- FACTs qualification to ensure legal compliance in advisories.
- BASIS qualification is highly advantageous.
- A strong understanding of different farming practices and a genuine interest in regenerative farming
- Familiarity with GIS systems.
- Extensive experience with GateKeeper software.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Engaging and personable, with excellent presentation skills.
- Willingness to stay overnight when required.
- A basic mechanical understanding to assist the field team.
- Comfortable thriving in a sales-based role, adept at quoting and discussing finer details of our services with clients.
For an informal chat, please call me, Alice on 01780 480530, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on LinkedIn. Don't worry if your CV isn't up to date, just send what you have already, and we can sort the rest later.