BASED AT RICCALL (BETWEEN YORK AND SELBY) - YO19 6QL
Wilfred Scruton Ltd is a long-established and family run agricultural machinery dealership based in Yorkshire. We are looking for a Service Manager to manage a team of 10 technicians at one of our two depots, working with JCB, AGCO, Amazone and Krone machinery along with other quality brands.
The main purpose of a Service Manager is to bring in jobs (from customers and within the business) then organise workload for the technicians and follow through the process to the point of invoicing then dealing with any queries.
• Consult with the Group Service Manager and Aftersales Director regularly to understand the goals of the Company for your department, then deliver those results via your own work and management of your team.
• Provide leadership to the service team which will include motivating them to improve the department’s functionality, ensuring smooth day to day operation. This shall include working with a Service Supervisor who oversees practical operations within the workshop and a Service Administrator who handles warranty claims and other service department administration.
• Achieve high levels of customer service by monitoring satisfaction, ensuring your team are aware of these standards and that they deliver them consistently.
• Achieve year-on-year growth and increase profitability within the department.
• Prioritise tasks to ensure managerial duties are carried out on time and without the requirement for regular prompting.
• Work closely with the Parts Manager to ensure the Company’s goals are being achieved.
• Manage your team to ensure that they know what is expected. Any issues should be addressed at management level but keep the Aftersales Director informed from the outset in the event that further action is required.
• Execute processes and policies consistently.
• Maintain good discipline in the department to ensure all activities are organised, clean, and safe.
• Responsibility for health and safety checks and improvements at the recommended intervals.
• Implementation of the Company’s strategic goals as communicated by the Board of Directors.
• Good time-management and ability to prioritise.
• Attention to detail in all respects of the role.
• A positive and ‘can do’ attitude – must look for ways to resolve difficulties effectually.
• Must lead by example at all times, including attitude and flexibility in your approach both to colleagues and to customers.
• The ability to improve the level of professionalism from all team members including responsiveness to queries, timeliness of work and presentation of the premises.
• You must act in the Company’s best interests at all times.
• The ability and willingness to maintain good relationships with suppliers’ representatives.
• Achieve consistent, year on year growth and profitability for your department.
• Contribute to the achievement of targets set by suppliers annually.
Health and Safety:
• The job holder is responsible for their own safety and that of others.
• All company health and safety policies, procedures and ways of working including the use of Personal Protective Equipment must be adhered to at all times.
• Monthly departmental checks must be carried out by the Service Manager.
• Any incident, unsafe act or potential threat to health and safety must immediately be reported to the Aftersales Director or another Director.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary negotiable (dependent on experience), highly competitive for the right candidate.
• 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
• Workplace pension scheme with standard contributions from employer and employee.
• Commercial vehicle for commuting and private use.
• Staff discount on goods from our parts department.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button