Are you a driven and ambitious person who is looking to grab a trainee position with both hands?
Positions like this do not come up often, particularly on the current market. This is your opportunity to learn from the best, in an established and renowned business that has been working in the sector for decades. Our client has an impeccable reputation which has been nurtured and developed over many years of providing exceptional products and working with strong business principles.
This business focus on the procurement of cattle to process and distribute through its recourses and outlets. You will be working at the forefront of the business, out on farm viewing stock, providing advice and support to farmers. You will need to be someone with a strong understanding of cattle and excellent relationship building skills, someone with a true affinity for the livestock sector.
You will need to be someone with a strong livestock background, particularly beef cattle but sheep experience is also desirable. You could be someone from a practical background looking to get into procurement or perhaps someone working in sales and looking for an exciting new challenge - I am keen to hear from you.
Job Role – what you would be doing
- Working closely with your procurement manager
- Carry out farm visits offering advice on selection and breeding to farmers.
- Working to the EUROP beef classification scheme.
- You will be in the office approx. 50% of the time, working on forecasts with the rest of the team.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers and building new business with new suppliers.
- You will be covering the whole of SW England but you may also be buying from and visiting farmer suppliers outside of that area.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with current animal welfare legislation and company operating procedures at all times with regard to safe movements, handling and production.
Salary package is dependent on experience.
How do I apply?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Harry Porter on: 01885 485524 or e-mail your CV and covering letter To email@example.com. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy .
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.