The Ideal Candidate:
If you tick most or even some of these boxes, we highly encourage you to apply:
- Strong negotiating skills and a comprehensive understanding of the UK livestock industry.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail, initiative, and a focus on delivery.
- Courage to challenge, form ongoing business relationships, and take initiative.
- Prior experience in livestock procurement or carcase classification is advantageous.
About the Role:
As a Livestock Procurement Assistant, you'll play a pivotal role in maintaining relationships with farmers, livestock agents, and suppliers. Your responsibilities will include ensuring purchased livestock meet production requirements, conducting farm visits, performing supplier audits, and upholding animal welfare legislation and safety standards at all times.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with farmers, livestock agents, and suppliers.
- Ensure purchased livestock align with production requirements.
- Conduct farm visits, assisting with livestock drawing and supplier audits.
- Adhere to animal welfare legislation and company operating procedures.
- Contribute to the recording and maintenance of essential slaughter information and data.
- Ensure timely livestock deliveries and compliance with Health and Safety responsibilities.
About the Company:
Join a company that is a pioneer in the European food processing industry, providing top-quality beef to customers worldwide. With a vast network of over 45,000 farmers, our client contributes significantly to rural economies, investing approximately €1.3bn annually.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Loyalty & Recognition Scheme
- Permanent Contract
The interview process includes a first stage Teams call followed by an in-person interview. If you have proven experience and knowledge in UK Livestock farming and a passion for making a difference in the industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please apply below. To discuss the role in more detail before submitting your application, please contact Rae Goss on 01780 480 530 or firstname.lastname@example.org Job reference RG17505.