We have an exciting new job opportunity for a Pig Farm Manager on a family-run farming enterprise in North Somerset (BS40).
The Red Tractor Assured company has pigs, dairy herds, beef herds, a farm shop, cheesemaking facilities and arable.
They have kept pigs for over 70 years and rear them on contract from 35kg to slaughter for a third party. The unit itself consists of 6,000 finishing spaces with a wet feed system, all indoors.
- Full responsibility for the finishing unit
- Daily checking of pigs
- Feeding using a Big Dutchman system
- Slurry removal and storage
- Liaising with the pig owner
- Pig movement and medication
- Maintenance jobs
- Splitting pigs, weighing, using medicines etc.
- Day-to-day pig administration
This position would be ideal for an experienced stock person looking to take the next step to management.
- Proven pig farming experience
- Highest welfare standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Good people skills
- Driving license & car
Salary: £16.75 per hour (40-hour week £34,840)
- Mobile home accommodation
- Overtime at 1.5
- First Aid allowance (If qualified)
- Loading bonus per pig sold
- 24 days annual holiday
- An equal share of bank holidays off
- Fuel allowance for use of own vehicle for company travel
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
We can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.