Strathmore Estates, with an illustrious history is looking for an innovative Farm Manager who can utilise modern farming methods whilst maintaining the estate’s heritage and commitment to sustainability.
Located in a scenic and sought-after part of rural Angus, the 6000ac farm includes over 2500 acres of arable crops and 3500 acres of grazing that accommodates the estate’s beef herd.
As Farm Manager, you would lead a team of six and be responsible for everything from day to day management of the farm through to budgeting and strategic planning.
The successful person will be an experienced farm manager who can demonstrate leadership skills and is able to take ownership of the farming operations. Livestock and arable farming experience is essential.
The farm is one enterprise in a highly diversified business, other enterprises are forestry, property, sporting and tourism – it is important that the Farm Manager can collaborate effectively with managers from the estate’s other business interests.
- Oversee and manage all livestock and arable farming on the estate
- Manage the farm team
- Suggest and implement modern farming methods and technology
- Responsible for the purchase of farm inputs and sale of farm produce
- Plan crop rotations
- Ensuring all farm administration including grant and subsidy claims are completed
- Work closely with Finance Team regarding budgets, P & L and capital purchases
- Ensure health & safety compliance and create a positive H&S culture
What you will have:
- Livestock and arable farming experience
- People management & leadership skills
- Able to work collaboratively with wider estate
- Progressive, innovative and curious mindset
- Organisation, administration and IT skills
- Prior budgeting experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
- BASIS and/or FACTS (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave
How do I apply?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Harry Porter on: 01885 485524 or e-mail your CV and covering letter To email@example.com. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy .
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.