We are recruiting for an outdoor Pig Stockperson for a farm in Norfolk (PE31).
The family-run pig farming business was established 40 years ago. They have modernised all machinery and now change all vehicles every three years to ensure efficiency to make the work easier, faster and less physical.
The chosen candidate will work on a 1000-sow outdoor unit for breeding only. The piglets are weaned at five weeks, farrowing is individually penned, pigs are fed by hand, and dry sows are mechanically fed.
The farm uses tractors, telehandlers, various trailers, and pickup trucks in the fields, so applicants should be able to operate them.
- Farrowing experience is preferable
- Minimum of 1 year experience, preferably more
- Must have own transport
- Experience in using tractors, telehandlers, trailers etc.
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Able to work every other weekend to feed
- Being a team player is a must
Salary guide: £25,000 - £29,500 DOE
- Bonus – depending on experience
- 28 days holidays, including bank holidays
- Footwear, jackets, t-shirts, waterproofs and overalls provided
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
Currently, we can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.