After nearly 10 years the current herd manager has decided to retire so we have an excellent opportunity for a new person to continue his exceptional work and take the herd forwards. The 400-acre family farm near Shipston on Stour in Warwickshire is predominately down to grass, whole crop wheat and maize, and whilst being intensive they have a passion for conservation and wildlife and are proud of their stunning bluebell wood.
Key farm facts;
· 24:24 Westfalia parlour with cluster flush
· 400 pedigree cows with a herd average of 13,000 litres and 1000KG of milk solids
· 3 times per day milking
· Ingenuity management collars
· Replacements reared off site, calves sold at 3-4 weeks.
· AYR calving with a level milk profile
· Cows bedded on sand cubicles
· TMR feed
· Regular foot trimmer and ideally the AI brought back in house
· Owners, 5 full time plus local part-time and relief staff
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in managing both a herd of cows and small team with the drive and determination to help move the business further. You would be involved in all day-to-day decisions and liaise with the farm professionals to ensure both herd health and milk production is maintained to the current high standards. Attention to detail, flexibility, ability to think for themselves and work well as part of a team are key attributes as well as having excellent communication skills.
In return we can offer a highly competitive salary to reflect the importance of this position along with a modern 3-bedroom house free from rent and rates along with regular time off.
For more information, please contact Adrian Edwards on 07824 480196.
* No overseas applicants without a work visa *